Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Top 100 Neighbourhoods to invest

Notify me of new replies via email
Guest | 21 Oct 2012, 12:00 AM Agree 0

Quebec and British Columbia aren’t far behind in overall numbers for the inaugural list, featured in the November issue of the magazine. It hits newsstands Monday.
Economic uncertainty has plagued the housing market over the past year, and has no doubt affected the purchasing confidence of homeowners and investors alike. To find areas that had the fundamentals to withstand a turbulent market and provide long-term cash flow to buyers, the magazine's team of journalists combed the neighbourhoods of Canada.
Unlike other reports that give generalized overviews of many of Canada’s already bustling cities, the compilation delved deep into specifics to find hidden gems such as Saint-Jean-Sur-Richelieu, Que., and Swift Current, Sask. Each neighbourhood was evaluated on criteria such as population growth, average property price, rental yields, vacancy rate, capital growth over 12 months and more.
“This was more than a research project,” said CREW Editor Nila Sweeney. “Our hope is that the Top 100 will bolster Canadian confidence in the real estate market and portray the diversity of investment opportunities outside of our major cities, although they, too, are represented.”
Sponsored by Re/Max and Verico Financial services, the report features expert analysis and input from Realtors, brokers, local mayors, financial analysts and more.
The report will be presented live at the Investor Forum Vancouver where attendees will get an in-depth analysis into each of the Top B.C neighbourhoods that made the list this year.
Copies of the November issue featuring Canada's Top 100 neighbourhoods report are now on newsstands across the country. You can also subscribe to Canadian Real Estate Wealth magazine today.
  • Christine Smith | 23 Oct 2012, 01:26 AM Agree 0
    Why not provide the top 100 cities to invest with?? Why do you entice the reader along and not provide the information, very annoying. Why should anyone have to subscribe to get the information. Very Annoyed,
  • Linda Miller | 23 Oct 2012, 04:00 AM Agree 0
    I am very happy with the information in this magazine. I am pleasantly surprised at its layout and overview of the Neighbourhoods. Great job!

And I would love to help anyone with a move!

Thanks,
    Linda Miller, Broker
    Re/Max Sarnia Realty. Inc
  • Gabriel | 23 Oct 2012, 03:23 PM Agree 0
    Why should anyone subscribe to get the information? What an asinine comment. BECAUSE INFORMATION IS NOT ALWAYS FREE CONTRARY TO WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN LEAD TO BELIEVE ON THE INTERWEB. Because people need to be paid for their work. Because magazines work hard at providing good content so you can actually BUY it and PROFIT from it.

So, go out there, buy the magazine at your local newsstand, and stop whining why it isn't "free". Or, tell me what you do for your job and give me your paycheque since clearly you don't care about being paid to work.
  • Bill Durfy | 23 Oct 2012, 06:12 PM Agree 0
    Like always Its , good articiles like this that keep us all informed and yes it's not hard to check stat's through the system to verfiy for own use

I can help anybody that want's to move

Thank you again for your support.

Sincerely,

Bill Durfy Sales Representative
    Crone Realty Ltd.
  • navtaj chandhoke | 23 Oct 2012, 06:23 PM Agree 0
    The information provided is opinion of individuals based upon their search,knowledge and criteria they use.
    They might be ignoring all the facts about Forgivable Down payments, grants,tax credits and rebates which can do better than what they are recommending.
    The main purpose is to obtain valuable information, strategies, techniques and secrets about investing in Canadian Real Estate.
  • Bruce McCallum | 24 Oct 2012, 01:45 AM Agree 0
    I'd be more than happy to assist a buyer (or seller) with real estate opportunities in Victoria, BC - without readers having to buy the magazine or go to the conference. I'm a realtor licensed for residential properties in BC
Post a reply