Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Toronto Investor Forum deepens knowledge pool

Notify me of new replies via email
Guest | 09 Mar 2013, 08:12 AM Agree 0

“The Forum is really helpful for meeting people in the industry and learning from them what has worked in terms of property investment,” said Yemisi Aladesua, one of 600-plus attendees of the two-day conference at the Toronto Congress Centre. “It’s a very educational experience.”
The sentiment was echoed across two session rooms and an exhibitor’s floor chockfull of service providers and advisers, drawn from across the country, but also the U.S. and, indeed, the globe. Metro Property Group, based in Detroit Michigan, was, in fact, the event’s platinum sponsor.
“This event is great because it really illustrates how Canadian investors see real estate investment,” said Metro founder and CEO Sameer Beydoun. “They first invest in education and then real estate.”
Chilton, who kicked off the event as keynote speaker, provided some of those lessons, expounding on principles made famous in his Wealthy Barber series. That message resonated with the nearly 400 delegates in attendance.
The forum also included the 2013 Top Investor Awards, where Elizabeth and Emmett Kelly claimed the Investor of the Year trophy for their work in building a business but also the community.
“I’d like to thank Canadian Real Estate Wealth magazine,” said Elizabeth, after the luncheon awards ceremony honouring finalists in 10 categories, from inspirational investing to best Canadian service provider. “I see this as a validation of what we’re doing.”
  • Navtaj Chandhoke | 12 Mar 2013, 07:35 PM Agree 0
    Investment guru David Chilton is one of the best. He provides lot of information which an average Canadian can benefit.
    He is well respected all across Canada for sharing his wisdom, experience and knowledge.

I am sure those got an importunity to hear him in person would have profound effect in their investments.

My two cents!
  • miles godlonton | 14 Mar 2013, 03:18 PM Agree 0
    One Question,
    why is no one talking about the infamous "four door" and twists on this rule the banks have imposed on investors. every investor and want to be investor should be shouting from the roof top, this is crazy!
    the banks have joined together to CRUSH real estate investing. which also means the certain death of REIN and your excellent magazine, why are you two powerful entities sitting on the side line with closed mouths?
Post a reply