Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

TREB appeals tribunal decision

Notify me of new replies via email
Justin da Rosa | 11 Jul 2016, 10:40 AM Agree 0
The Toronto Real Estate Board is appealing the decision by the Competition Tribunal that would force the board to release its sold and pending sold data, citing privacy concerns
  • Francis Dryden | 11 Jul 2016, 12:10 PM Agree 0
    How long does this go on... I've been retired in Mexico for over 4 years and it was going on for years before I retired. If a company doesn't want (or doesn't want to spend the money) to join a Real Estate Board... So be it. If the same companies want to list properties way over market value so they can draw calls from people and get paid for selling MLS properties properly listed... So be it. Are these companies going to price houses right so they can split 1 or 2% commissions? No, they will still want to sell homes listed at a competitive rate of interest.

A person listing with one of these companies believe they are getting a "deal" on commission!... And this agency will also "give" them more for their house... Life is a real thing folks and you are messing around with the most expensive thing you will ever buy or sell in your lifetime barring a lottery win... I needn't inform you the odds of that occurring.

Real Estate companies, brokers and agents pay for the assembling of these statistics that assist them in pricing a property properly so that it sells with the fewest hassles, in the shortest time AND for the best price possible... What is wrong about that?
Post a reply