Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Vancouver company first in Canada to offer live virtual open houses for properties

Notify me of new replies via email
guest | 28 Oct 2011, 03:05 PM Agree 0

A Vancouver company, Westridge Living, claimed this week to be the first in Canada to sell homes by offering registered visitors the chance to schedule live appointments for real estate tours online. The technology also allows homebuyers to seek input from family and friends that might not have the ability to attend the visit otherwise, due to distance or timing, for example.“Asking for input from family and friends is part of the process – especially for first-time homebuyers,” said Ryan Lalonde, a sales agent with Westridge Living. “We understand that not everyone in a homebuyer’s inner circle can visit our presentation centre and display home. Many of our purchasers’ family and friends don’t live in the Lower Mainland, the province, or even the country.”To promote the service, Westridge is offering those, who sign up for an interactive online open house with them and purchase a new Westridge Living townhome, $20,000 of the list price.The company allows visitors to schedule a time, then receive a link to access the private open house online which can be shared with others.While virtual tours have been around for years of various properties, the live element allows visitors to follow an actual agent going through the property and to interact with them. Although not mentioned by Westridge Living in its press release, the technology is likely to appeal to many of the mainland Chinese investors who have been buying up luxury Vancouver properties lately from abroad.
  • Chris Johnstone | 02 Nov 2011, 05:14 PM Agree 0
    What a fantastic idea! I am looking forward to seeing a preview of the technology.
  • BuzzBuzzHome | 02 Nov 2011, 05:30 PM Agree 0
    Wow! Sounds awesome. Looking forward to checking this system out!
  • Chris Johnstone | 02 Nov 2011, 06:14 PM Agree 0
    What a fantastic idea! I am looking forward to seeing a preview of the technology.
  • BuzzBuzzHome | 02 Nov 2011, 06:30 PM Agree 0
    Wow! Sounds awesome. Looking forward to checking this system out!
Post a reply