Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Vancouver condo ‘better investment than gold’

Notify me of new replies via email
Canadian Realestate Magazine | 22 Apr 2015, 06:57 AM Agree 0
The World’s biggest asset manager Laurence D. Fink says that buying a condo in Vancouver is a better investment than buying gold bullion.
  • Larry | 22 Apr 2015, 11:57 AM Agree 0
    Mister Fink my also suggest that realestate and art are better investments than coal at this time. Coal price per ton in 2001 was $ 265. Per ton it's now at 105. Per ton. No return at all. So ask yourself if you wish to buy at the highs or to buy at the lows. If Fink is all in at the highs, what will his future returns be?
  • judy | 22 Apr 2015, 01:44 PM Agree 0
    Really, might be a good time for Santa to stock up on coal for all the "financial experts"!
  • Murphy Costello Macdonald Realty Ltd. | 22 Apr 2015, 06:28 PM Agree 0
    If one were to scan the recent sales on Vancouver Real Estate Boards MLS hot sheet of townhouses, houses and apartments on April 21, 2015 Vancouver West, one would find the returns vary upon when the property was purchased but over the past 15 years the compounded annual rate of return has varied. The sample I took was random and compounded annual return ranged from negative.8% to a high of 11.7% with the majority around 2%.
  • Sofya | 27 Apr 2015, 06:10 PM Agree 0
    Absolutely agree with the title of discussion! Vancouver is the most expensive city in Canada!
    And real estate there would never do down!
  • VanRent | 10 May 2015, 05:16 PM Agree 0
    Van apartment prices are at 2009 levels looking at the MLS HPI reports for Vancouver. So although it has been better than the disastrous performance of Gold in the last few years, it's still been a terrible investment. Nice puff piece.

"In summary, if you bought early you will make/have made money. If you bought after about 2007 you will break even at best."

Post a reply