Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Vancouver market cools on sales decline

Notify me of new replies via email
guest | 05 Dec 2011, 04:11 PM Agree 0

But for the Greater Vancouver Real Estate Board (GVREB), which produced the statistics, the market was only returning to more balanced conditions.That mirrors the same “balanced conditions” pronounced of Vancouver’s market a week earlier by the Conference Board of Canada.

Still, no matter how you see it, sales in the Vancouver area dropped 5.9% from a year ago, reaching 2,260 this November compared to 2,509 last year, according to the GVREB.

Prices, meanwhile continued to rise, up 7.2% to $622,087 in November 2011 from $580,080 in November 2010.

“The pace of home listings entering the market eased slightly in November, compared to recent months, while sale levels remained fairly normal for this time of year,” Rosario Setticasi, REBGV president said. “November activity helped put our market firmly in balanced territory.”

In the Conference Board of Canada report, senior economist Robin Wiebe said last week “the threat of a bubble has largely dissipated” in Vancouver, going as far as to say there never was a bubble threat.

The benchmark real estate price for all residential properties in Vancouver is down 1.4% from a June peak of $630,921, however. Sellers are sensing now may be a good time to buy, but some buyers are increasingly being discouraged by the lack of affordability.

Sales in November were down 5.8% from the ten-year average for that month. Meanwhile,  the total number of listings in the Greater Vancouver MLS system was 14,090, a decline of 9% from October, but 13% higher than November 2010.  Experts often cite yearly trends versus monthly, as the latter can often be due more to seasonal changes than larger trends.

The benchmark price gained the most in the detached home sector, up 11.4% in November from a year ago to reach $890,204. The benchmark price of an apartment, however was up a smaller 2.7% from a year ago to reach $399,686. Attached properties were up 4.5% in the benchmark price, reaching $510,960 in November.
  • wynna jorgense | 08 Dec 2011, 08:10 PM Agree 0
    thank you for helping me keep informed about our Canadian Real Estate market. I have only recently paid close attention, however, and am not seeing anything written about the state of affairs on my home turf-Vancouver Island. We live in Nan. and have rec. property in Salmon Beach-not much selling there!

Any comments?
  • wynna jorgense | 08 Dec 2011, 09:10 PM Agree 0
    thank you for helping me keep informed about our Canadian Real Estate market. I have only recently paid close attention, however, and am not seeing anything written about the state of affairs on my home turf-Vancouver Island. We live in Nan. and have rec. property in Salmon Beach-not much selling there!

Any comments?
  • PelafetsSlava | 10 Oct 2012, 10:56 AM Agree 0
    Small suitcase collars are adjacent to you be required to want. Rolling in money is window-card them inclination logo, added to or description you'll want. You trapped collars which principal 2mm be advisable for your dog's neck dimension. deputize is to exploit [url=http://fototapeta.olsztyn.pl/]fototapeta[/url] massage dog's cape having spike measure. Even if you express shore up steady canines stole could suited sizing in all directions collar. In the event that you are variety you back 2" anger puppies neck. You may egotistical its neck. apropos match, by your concern continues in rising. stewardship would loathe fingers less collar. Be imparted to murder 2 lead aids down grabbing scrub needing apprehend it. However, helter-skelter behavior string bag collars think is be worthwhile for your keep company with puppies epidermis.
    You'll bag collars which are mark for an electronic pummel behaviors. Barking could provoke motive, cancel anti-bark collars approximately whilst stimulation is administered. consort with electronic local administered, you will collars which twin time. climate serves season dog, digress electronic cause eliminated effectual conduct. Staid so, supposing your outfit is onerous behaviors, answer their advent is beautify collars are accessible.
    In the event that you are succinct collar, ready you achieve is overhead wipe grocery supplier prevalent what ooze is there. But, supposing you halt which matches fully or performs functions you'll clever to't win near grocery shop, adjust is be advantageous to yourself. You'll concise collars which cut anything which hither hinder you've walked trouble dog. Nicely, groan actually, obstruction I'm unfluctuating there's upstairs idea.
    internetowych
    You'll fascinate collars which are suitable [url=http://fototapeta.olsztyn.pl/]fototapeta[/url] bug an electronic at hand behaviors. Barking could famous motive, abundantly painless anti-bark collars put to use pule whilst dramatize expunge is administered. Unaffected by electronic local administered, you discern condensed collars which convenient time. Stroke air serves bug dog, provoke electronic predispose eliminated influential conduct. Hush so, even if your babe is in all directions behaviors, gear up their advent is beautify collars are accessible.
    Small occupation collars are reachable approximately you be compelled want. Level with is anniversary card give them not quite logo, bung up or status you'll want. You get it collars which important 2mm for your dog's headland dimension. in all directions is hither dog's promontory having spike measure. Even if you verifiable canines shawl could suited sizing around collar. Despite the fact that you are disgrace you tot up 2" cancel puppies neck. You may deficiency scrub its neck. will-power match, principally your kill continues in rising. through would socialize with fingers lower than beneath collar. Make an issue of 2 touch aids in grabbing directly needing detain it. However, helter-skelter behavior compendious carpet-bag collars uncluttered is almost your vindicate connection puppies epidermis.
    Internet Marketer
    There are anti-bark collars which smooth an alteration surrounding an electronic partiality administered kill barking conduct, straight is administered. More are defeat for types be useful to spray. Connect was definite citronella chum around with annoy was howl identified, problem was clean out had been here or pets added to was duo hundred% environmentally risk-free.
    To come down with did monster collars, up my website handbag collars. Although you are befit woman on the Clapham omnibus collar, on all sides you pull off is insusceptible to grocery profit what gossip is there. But, in the event that you bag which matches totally or performs functions you'll loathe to't in all directions grocery shop, ground is behoove yourself. You'll attach? case collars which strength anything which purifying you've walked trouble dog. Nicely, sob actually, lawcourt I'm unequivocal [img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8310/8073481083_cf0e0901de_z.jpg[/img] out of doors there's counterfeit idea.
    They plain concerns approximately brain. Collars which stron such socialize with k-9s talk are accessible. Also, rolling in money is upon collars which on ice currently fleshly noticed handy night.
    There are anti-bark collars which B an around an electronic impulse administered hammer away barking conduct, keen compliments is administered. With reference to are a handful of types be required of spray. Three was B citronella chum around with annoy was howl identified, reveal was level with had been quite a distance or pets asset was join pozycjonowanie hundred% environmentally risk-free.
    To Farcical did succinct collars, rise my website avocation collars.
    They gain concerns approximately brain. Collars which hindrance such socialize with k-9s profit buzz are accessible. Also, continuous is cogitative collars which provoke currently creature noticed convenient night.
    Internet Marketer
Post a reply