Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

What are the top gifts landlords give to tenants?

Notify me of new replies via email
Canadian Realestate Magazine | 27 Mar 2015, 09:38 AM Agree 0
If you believe every headline you read, the relationship between landlords and tenants is one fraught with tension – but a new survey shows a much softer side.
  • BC | 29 Mar 2015, 07:06 AM Agree 0
    Great article! I think the tenant landlord relationship is critical. There are number of acts that can contribute or oppose that, but I have found that gifts are an easy way to make tenants happy. I personally use gift cards for pizza, so they will get a couple pizza nights on me. But it depends totally on the age and personal life of your tenant. If you have enough cash flow room, the best gift a tenant can receive is a small drop in rent. When I have great tenants whose lease is coming up, I offer a $20 drop in rent, which goes over very well. Think about it, this small offer can keep good tenants in your property and will reduce the hassle factor on you as a landlord (finding new tenants and building that new relationship from square one).
  • mason | 11 Dec 2015, 07:57 PM Agree 0
    I have given my tenant a basket with wine,crackers,candy,gift card,Christmas card with money.
  • sergerybrin | 20 Feb 2016, 12:04 AM Agree 0
    Yes, i will definitely try this .Actually this is best and easy way to keep your tenants happy ..I would like to give some wine, bear, crackers and candy for their kids.
  • sergerybrin | 20 Feb 2016, 12:04 AM Agree 0
    Yes, i will definitely try this .Actually this is best and easy way to keep your tenants happy ..I would like to give some wine, bear, crackers and candy for their kids.
Post a reply