Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

When is The BEST Time To Buy A Rental Property?

Notify me of new replies via email
Mat Piche | 13 Dec 2013, 06:33 AM Agree 0
The most common question that I get asked by my clients and investors is, "when is the BEST time of the year to invest?"

Watch the video below and I'll tell you when and why in less than 2 minutes. Check it out!

• littleflower | 18 Feb 2014, 05:34 AM Agree 0
    Thanks for this video! It’s great! I have also read many times that the season and month of the year can affect you deal when you are going to sell or buy property. Selling or buying in spring and summer is a perfect time. To my mind it’s easier to move into a new property and cope with all these tasks, like transportation of your things, staff is better during these seasons. As many families like to move during the summer to prepare for the new school year. The weather is warm and accommodating for moving and relocating. The winter season isn't a favorite for homebuyers so it can be not so good time for selling your property. But many say that when your home is decorated it looks better and attracts more buyers. Today many people are searching for property online that is why they, actually, don’t care what season is it. Perhaps some think about it beforehand, but as a rule when you find your perfect home you want to move there as soon as possible.
  • albertlaw04 | 01 Jul 2014, 03:02 AM Agree 0
    Thanks for sharing a useful video
  • Alvin | 10 Feb 2015, 08:37 AM Agree 0
    Home buyers are often confronted by the question that when is the best time to buy a rental property? Real estate analysts would tell you that purchasing a home in a cold market is the perfect time to acquire a property. Yet, buying a property is a personal decision that you have to make regardless of the current market condition. The best time to buy a home is when you are emotionally and financially ready to acquire one.

So, here are the signs that will help you to make sure that you are ready to buy a home:

- You have enough funds and you know how to use it: Purchasing a property is a major financial decision. And it will surely eat up a large sum of amount from your budget. Thus good personal financial management is required to realize your dream of owning a home. Before you go for hunting homes for sale in a particular neighborhood, try to assess first your finances.

- You have sufficient budget for the down payment: Sure there are options for home buyers to own a home with little or no down payment. But those options often end in a terrible home ownership stories, foreclosure. Hence before you acquire a home make sure that you pay for the down payment.

- You have a stable source of income: Purchasing a property is a risky decision and entails a long-term financial obligation. Therefore, it is indispensable that you have a stable job and source of income to pay for the mortgage and other expenses linked to homeownership.

- You have an emergency saving : Another indication that you are capable of buying a property is if you have a personal contingency fund that can support your needs for 4 to 6 months of your living expenses. This is essential in difficult situations like in case you had a serious sickness or sudden loss of job.
Post a reply