Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Where do I start?

Notify me of new replies via email
Dan Bartley | 29 Jul 2013, 05:46 PM Agree 0
Need some help here. Here are the facts.
I am currently living in Toronto with a mortgage $30,000 from being paid off. House is assessed at 1 million. I plan to put a down payment on any future purchases with my home.
I am very interested in investing in real estate. With a family and full time job, I am looking at a property management company to manage any purchase I make.

My question, where do I start? I have only read a few articles here and there and don't know the ins and outs. Can you please lead me in a direction to better educate and prepare myself before taking the plunge?

Thanks in advance!

Oh yeah, with my current situation, is investing in real estate realistic? yes, I'm a newbie.
  • Dan Bartley | 31 Jul 2013, 04:59 AM Agree 0
    wow, I see that this forum is unlike other boards. No advice? No comments? :dry:
  • mali | 02 Aug 2013, 08:02 PM Agree 0
    Hello Dan,

What are you interested to buy? You have many options in investing in real estate: you can buy residential house and rent it, you can buy a condo or a pre-construction condo, you can buy multiplex or commercial properties...
    The first thing to consider is what you can afford to buy and what is your budget.
    Next you can start to look at properties in your price range.
Post a reply