Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Wynne says Ontario will make small change to help first time home buyers

Notify me of new replies via email
Canadian Realestate Magazine | 14 Nov 2016, 08:15 AM Agree 0
Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne says her government's plan to help first-time home buyers get into the red-hot Toronto housing market consists of ``minor adjustments,'' not a major change
  • dd | 14 Nov 2016, 10:17 AM Agree 0
    Idiots!
    • ddd | 14 Nov 2016, 10:21 AM Agree 0
      They do not care about Canadians, do not vote for them again. We need someone who cares about the Economy and not their own pockets. they're such liars, clearly the market is the same as Vancouver and a foreign tax would cool the market. They're either dumb or just flat out lying to us. Probably both. Now with Trump being the president immigrants are going to want to come to Canada even more, there are already too many. That is going to drive up the market even more and kick out Canadians. Selfish.
  • Scott | 14 Nov 2016, 11:44 AM Agree 0
    @ ddd,

I strongly disagree we already have too many immigrants. You realize we have the 2nd biggest country in the world? (Maybe the largest now depending on if Russia broke up any further). Yet our population is only about 35 million.

When all 15, 20 million of the baby boomers retire over the next two decades, who's going to replace them in the labour force? Who will become tomorrow's chefs, doctors, lawyers, cops, firefighters, nurses, child caregivers, electricains, roofers, etc?
    I know about the skyrocketing birth rate within the first nations communities. I also know about the lack of education within that population and I'm rather scared. If anything we need *MORE* immigrants with skills, not less.
    • SWL | 14 Nov 2016, 02:01 PM Agree 0
      Lawyers will be replaced within a generation by AI. Just sayin'. Immigrants (and all Canadians): don't become lawyers, or let your kids become lawyers!
  • SWL | 14 Nov 2016, 01:31 PM Agree 0
    Why is the word "volatile" so often used to describe the TO housing market these days?? "Volatile" would indicate sharp fluctuations, however the TO market has done nothing but gradually increase for the last 20 or 25 years! Sure, it's spiked in recent history but that's only within the past 2-3 years and it could be a blip in the overall gradual increase. Plus average home prices are still below other international cities like NYC, San Francisco, Vancouver, etc. Please Liberal government don't start meddling where you don't belong...we know how government "involvement" (especially the Ontario Liberals) can have sooooo many unintended consequences.
  • Aldoman | 14 Nov 2016, 08:36 PM Agree 0
    Wynne just gave a massive gift to Apartment Landlords by freezing the apartment building property taxes. These tax reductions are supposed to flow through to tenants but instead they go straight into landlord pockets as rents go to market on turnover. Really stupid gang we have here in Ontario. Time for a Trumpian change!
Post a reply