Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Zero Mortgage Canada, the halal financing choice for Canadian Muslims

Notify me of new replies via email
Ephraim Vecina | 25 Nov 2016, 08:15 AM Agree 0
Adherents of Sharia law now have a usury-free option for their next home purchase or refurbishment project
  • Zara | 30 Nov 2016, 03:17 AM Agree 0
    I have dealt with Zero directly and found them very professional. Easy to reach with a phone calls, have offices with online appointment option, chat feature on its website. I recommend our community support these young brothers and sisters who are helping us acquire a home on a halal basis. I have a home closing next year with them.
    • Sana | 21 Aug 2017, 07:58 PM Agree 0
      How is your experience going now with ZM?
  • Mohamed | 06 Mar 2017, 02:04 AM Agree 0
    Salam Brothers,

Did any one dealt with Zero Mortgage? Please post your reviews and advise others either to avoid them or encourage dealing with them.
    I dealt before with Ijara canada, they are not professional (2 of my friends have issue to get the money on closing date), and on top of that I found out at the end when I saw the contract, it's not shariah compliant and even I confirmed that with other trusted scholars.
    • Kaka | 10 Aug 2017, 06:46 PM Agree 0
      Don't go zero mortgage
      They are not professional
      Chances your mortgage decline
  • Anonymous | 22 Jun 2017, 05:34 PM Agree 0
    I'm not a Muslim but I wan't to try and do this Zero Mortgage, i wonder if this is strictly for Muslims only? I appreciate your reply. Thank you!
  • Amin | 13 Jul 2017, 07:38 PM Agree 0
    I have studied their partnership model which according to the FAQ on their website closely resembles Guidance Residential in US but I am not so sure if it really does on some very important elements. Guidance is co-owner in the property you buy but with ZM you have complete ownership of home. Guidance sells the agreement to Freddie Mac in a separate transaction but you make your payment s to Guidance Residential not Freddie Mac but with ZM you also sign an agreement with principal lender and make your payments to the lender not ZM. Guidance provide initial funding using their own funds, ZM does not. I wish I am wrong because I do want to use Shariah compliant financing to buy a house but I am not too sure if ZM model is readily halal.
  • Kaka | 10 Aug 2017, 06:44 PM Agree 0
    Don't go zero mortgage no professional no one have exact information wrong pre approval
    I'm done when I put offer home and mortgage declined due to wrong pre approval.
    Pls avoid to go zero mortgage
  • Mohammad | 03 Sep 2017, 11:48 AM Agree 0
    Muslim Link has taken down their article as it contained errors. Zero mortgage does not work with True North Mortgage anymore.
Post a reply