2015 Top Investor Awards
While more than 50 industry players were nominated across nine categories, the standout success of nine players, drawn from across the country, garnered judging support.
They received their accolades at last weekend’s Investor Forum
– the event brought together 600 investors for networking and professional development at The International Centre in Toronto.
The Top Investor of the Year award went to Tyler Soulliere, an investor and founder of the Tysoull Real Estate Group, while Gayland Panko, owner of Old Wives Holdings and nominated in three categories, took home Newcomer of the Year.
“The fact that I was a finalist among such extraordinary investors is a huge accomplishment in itself,” he told CREW
. “It means I'm on the right track, and it's important for your confidence to get a little feedback and recognition.”
The 2015 Reader’s Choice award for service provider went to Del Condominium Rentals, while Matt Elkind of The Condo Store was named Condo/Pre-construction Investor of the Year.
“I’ve had the opportunity to learn from some of the smartest pre-construction investors,” Elkind told CREW
. “The strategies they taught me as part of our bulk deals are strategies that most investors don’t even appreciate they can really do.
It feels amazing but also humbling. I’ve worked very hard to be a smarter investor and just behind making money getting recognized from my peers and Canadian Real Estate Wealth is the next best thing.”
The full list of winners:
See the full list of finalists and winners here
- Top Investor of the Year: Tyler Soulliere
- Alternative Investor of the Year: Sherilynn Milsom
- Joint Venture Partner of the Year: Derek Peever
- Multi-family Investor of the Year: Darcy White
- Newcomer of the Year: Gayland Panko
- U.S./International Investor of the Year: Phil Wazonek
- Condo/Pre-construction Investor of the Year: Matt Elkind
- Mortgage Broker/Agent of the Year: Dalia Barsoum and Enza Venuto, Streetwise Mortgages
- Reader’s Choice Service Provider of the Year: Del Condominium Rentals
Are you looking to invest in property? If you like, we can get one of our mortgage experts to tell you exactly how much you can afford to borrow, which is the best mortgage for you or how much they could save you right now if you have an existing mortgage. Click here to get help choosing the best mortgage rate
Investment Hot Spots:
Rocky Bay, Glade, Blind River, Bow Island, Saint-Denis-de-Brompton
Nine real estate players have fought their way through increasingly tough market conditions to claim the spotlight in Canada’s