The future of real estate could be in Toronto right now as 10 startups convene for the inaugural global proptech accelerator from Colliers International.
Colliers Proptech Accelerator powered by Techstar brings together a diverse range of technologies and entrepreneurs which the real estate firm hopes will shape its innovations and those of the wider industry.
“Each startup in our Class of 2018 has been carefully selected for investment based on their approach to near-term, value-enhancing opportunities for our clients and professionals as well as longer-term opportunities that, with strong technology platforms, will help us push industry boundaries,” said Jay Hennick, Colliers Chairman & CEO.
Over the next 13 weeks, the startups will have access to more than 100 mentors from Colliers and the industry, with the chance of refining their products before presenting them to investors in December.
“Colliers is entrepreneurial and enterprising, which puts us in a unique position to help startups develop innovative, focused, and value-enhancing services for our clients and professionals,” said Dylan Taylor, Colliers President & COO. “Our Proptech Accelerator combines Techstars’ expertise in technology innovation, startups and alumni networks with our real estate expertise and international network.”
The class of 2018
The ten chosen startups are:
- A Retail Space - which finds the perfect location for your business through data;
- Basking - an ROI-driven building automation platform for the flexible office space market;
- Booqed - a digital marketplace for flexible space, helping to connect businesses needing places to work, meet or host an event, with landlords seeking to monetize under-utilized space;
- Lane - the operating system for your building, streamlining building operations on a cloud-based platform you can access anywhere;
- MapYourProperty - a Google Maps for Real Estate Land Development, simplifying the planning process to a 3-click solution;
- Propstack - a data & analytics company that helps predict real estate market trends and enables efficient transactions;
- Raybased - the open wireless network for commercial real estate, communicating across all existing electrical systems to monitor, control and optimize functions such as heating, ventilation, lighting and building access;
- RefineRE - leverages real-time market data to provide CRE portfolio intelligence for organizations looking to make smarter, better and faster decisions about buying, selling, leasing, expanding, or downsizing their property footprint;
- SPCE - in partnership with Experian and the world's top universities, allows the higher education community to search and pay for campus-specific, student rental properties and accrue a positive credit rating without the need for deposits or joint tenancy liability;
- Upsuite - where teams go to find coworking spaces.
Are you looking to invest in property? If you like, we can get one of our mortgage experts to tell you exactly how much you can afford to borrow, which is the best mortgage for you or how much they could save you right now if you have an existing mortgage. Click here to get help choosing the best mortgage rate