A global association that accredits professionals in the land, property, construction, and infrastructure sectors worldwide has appointed new members to its Americas World Regional Board.
RICS’ appointments include two members from Canada among the 8 new members, following a selection process which saw 42 applicants.
The board members are chosen for their demonstrated leadership qualities and commitment to professional standards and ethics, including equality and diversity, integrity, innovation, transparency and the ability to drive positive outcomes in the built and natural environments for the public good.
Alexandra Faciu MRICS, Executive Director, Asset Management, Cominar REIT, Montreal; and Darren Cash MRICS, Cost Management Leader, Turner & Townsend, Toronto; join two other Canadian representatives on the Americas board: Paul Campbell FRICS, Director, Valuation & Customer Relations, MPAC, Toronto; and Doug Johannson FRICS, Principal, Avison Young, Calgary; who both continue their tenures.
“We are incredibly excited to welcome this diverse and accomplished group of new professional members to the Board,” commented Peter M. Smith FRICS, Chair, Americas World Regional Board. “We look forward to the new perspectives they'll bring from their varied backgrounds across the built and natural environment and will look to leverage their enthusiasm as we continue to grow the RICS footprint in the Americas.”
The other new members are:
- Cate Agnew FRICS, Head of Valuation, Natixis, New York
- Charlotte Timms MRICS, Director, Workplace Strategy and Innovation, Colliers International, Chicago
- Chris Smith MRICS, Senior Director, Cost Consultancy, CBRE, Phoenix
- Georgia Bergers MRICS, Director, Revenue Enablement, HammerTech, Los Angeles
- Dr. Robert Herman MRICS, Co-founder & CEO, Rescan, San Francisco
- Maureen Ehrenberg FRICS, Global Head of Facility Management Services, WeWork, New York
Are you looking to invest in property? If you like, we can get one of our mortgage experts to tell you exactly how much you can afford to borrow, which is the best mortgage for you or how much they could save you right now if you have an existing mortgage. Click here to get help choosing the best mortgage rate